Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Kate Spain Charm Along

This year I decided I wanted to try some new crafty things, learn some new skills and connect with some new crafty people. Ms Midge's Kate Spain Charm Swap was the perfect activity to join in!


The charm swap meant buying two yards of Kate Spain fabric, cutting it into charm squares, posting to Ms Midge and then receiving one of each fabric back from all of the participants.

 Considering I've only made 2 quilts prior to this, I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do with my charms.

 I decided on hexies. Last year my friend Leigh taught me how to make these hexies and although I was a little bit in love with them, I never got around to making any.

 That's where this charm swap comes in. I divided all of my charms into colour groups and cut each charm into 4. To be honest, I'm winging it at the moment, making colour blocks that I will sash and join together.
 I was meant to have my charm along finished by tonight, and was meant to link it to Ms Midge's link party, but between kinder pick up, a hungry baby and slow uncharacteristically slow internet I completely missed the deadline!

 Never mind! I will continue on with this work in progress, and perhaps choose something a little less ambitious for next time!
Charm along hosted by Ms Midge
 Thanks for having me in your charm swap and charm along Ms Midge, so much fun, and I'm well on my way to learning this new skill and have met some fabulous people in the meantime!



2 comments:

  1. These look wonderful, mine to is a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Bridie, so pretty. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete